Suite 306, Ebene Junction
Rue de la Democratie
BARRISTER-AT-LAW | AVOCATE
Shaheena’s focus is the solution of her clients. Her passion and commitment allows her to build a relationship of trust with her clients and ultimately meet clients’ objectives.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Dispute Resolution & Litigation
- Financing & Transaction Advisory
- Capital Markets & Financial Services
- Real Estate and Property
- Intellectual Property and Technology
MONASH UNIVERSITY, AUSTRALIA
LLB | 2000
(High Distinction in Banking law, Law of the
Internet, Taxation law, Torts, Economics,
Evidence, and Administrative law)
COUNCIL OF LEGAL EDUCATION, MRU
BVC | 2002
She was ranked first and recipient of the Professor Fernand Bouland Cup (Best results in criminal law) and Professor Raymond Hein Memorial Prize. She was awarded a distinction in all subjects.
Shaheena was a State of Mauritius Laureate in 1995 (Economics Side) and was graded “A” in all subjects.
Mauritius, since 2003
Shaheena has practised from the Chambers of Sir Hamid Moollan QC, GOSK from 2002-2021.
She has 20 years of practice litigation, advisory and transactional work in multiple practice areas of the law
SC LEGAL | 2022 – PRESENT
- She has appeared before most courts and tribunals in Mauritius and also the Privy Council and is particularly well regarded with real estate litigation, commercial and corporate matters, and civil cases. She assists clients before the regulatory and investigating bodies and works for clients in diverse sectors such as energy, real estate, distribution and manufacturing, telecommunications, financial institutions and construction.
- Shaheena is hugely experienced in the Global Business framework and advises on all corporate matters in the global business sector. She has a formidable command of the legal aspects of structuring, negotiation and drafting of the relevant agreements. She assists clients in listings, amalgamations, share dealings and offerings on and off the market and migration from and to Mauritius.
Boards and Association
Currently the Vice President of the Muslim Family Council.