Chambers of Sir Hamid Moollan QC
5th Floor, PCL Building
43, Sir William Newton Street
BARRISTER-AT-LAW | AVOCAT
Hisham leaves no stone unturned in his quest for justice. He has a passion to seek the best practical solution for any given situation. He is very proactive and has been successfully defending clients in extremely serious, complex and high-profile cases. Hisham is highly reliable and efficient.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- White collar crimes
- Employment Law
UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE
LLB | 2006-2009
UNIVERSITY OF NORTHUMBRIA,UK
BVC | 2009-2010
Me. Hisham Oozeer was called to the Bar in England and Wales in 2010. He is a member of the Honourable Middle Temple’s Inn.
Mauritius, since 2011
10 YEARS OF PRACTICE AT THE MAURITIAN BAR
CHAMBERS OF SIR HAMID MOOLLAN Q.C | 2011- PRESENT
- Me. Hisham Oozeer is the legal advisor in Industrial Relations matters for one of the top 100 Companies in Mauritius. He is regulary instructed to act as Counsel for Employers in Disciplinary proceedings.
- Hisham has been involved as junior Counsel at both Enquiry and trial stage for one of the most highly mediatised white colar crime case in Mauritius.
- He has also appeared as leading Counsel in several cases before the assizes.
- Me. Oozeer is a lecturer in Employment and Company law for last 10 years and is also an MQA approved trainer in Employment Law.
- Hisham has been elected as member of the Mauritius Bar Council in 2017, 2021 and as treasurer since January 2022.
- He was also the Chairperson of the Young Bar Committee in 2016.