BARRISTER-AT-LAW | AVOCAT
Experienced and motivated lawyer with a passion and dedication to justice. Bilaal brings forth a proven track record of achieving favourable outcomes for clients.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Criminal Law
- Employment Law
- White Collar Crime
- Intellectual Property Law
UNIVERSITY OF MIDDLESEX
LLB | 2010-2013
UNIVERSITY OF WEST ENGLAND
BPTC | 2013-2015
Bilaal is a member of The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple. As a law student, he was elected President of the Law Society. Together with his team, they launched the first Law Magazine for the Law Society for the Mauritius branch of University of Middlesex
- Mauritius, since 2016
6 years of practice at the Mauritian Bar
NKM CHAMBERS | 2016 – PRESENT
- Me.Oozeerally usually assists clients before the different branches of the police force (police station, CCID, ADSU) and before the ICAC. He also assists client before the Human Rights Commission and the Independent Police Complaints Commission. Before courts, he represents clients at different stages of their case; bail hearing, trial, pre-sentencing hearing and appeal cases.
- He also advises on employment related matters (drafting of employment contracts, disciplinary committees/hearings, representation before the labour office and court).
- Bilaal assists clients in intellectual property matters (advice, assisting client for registration, opposition) and also appears before tribunals, such as the Independent Review Panel.
- In 2017, Bilaal Oozeerally was part of the legal team in the case of Sumodhee & Anor v The State of Mauritius  UKPC 16.