2nd floor Labourdonnais Court
Corner of Saint George’s and
Labourdonnais streets, 11324,
BARRISTER-AT-LAW | AVOCAT
Alvin’s core value is for freedom and liberty. He essentially works for the preservation of fundamental Human Rights. He is solution driven and has developed his professional skills to efficiently resolve client issues.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Criminal Litigation
- Procurement Law
- Corporate & Advisory for SME’s
- Project structuring
UNIVERSITY OF KENT, UK
LLB | 1997-2001
UNIVERSITY OF NORTHUMBRIA, UK
BVC | 2005
Alvin was called to the Bar in England and Wales in 2006 and is a member of the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple Inn.
Mauritius, since 2008
14 YEARS OF PRACTICE AT THE MAURITIAN BAR
Extensive litigation, representation and consultancy
PRIVATE PRACTICE | 2008 – PRESENT
- Me. Juwaheer is solution-driven and has developed sharp, professional skills to efficiently resolve client issues through negotiations, ADR, and litigation.
- He demonstrated substantial wins in pro bono cases, and in one particular case, the accused was sentenced to 18 years penal servitude, Me. Juwaheer successfully pleaded for his conviction and sentence to be quashed.
- Alvin also provides legal advice to private companies in the medical, insurance and tourism industry.
- During his practice, Me. Juwaheer structured the acquisition of an eco-lodge in Namibia for a high net worth client, and he is on the list of the preferred barristers for the French Consulate.