Know the LAW
Duty to Disclose
If you suspect that a person:
- has, or may have, a communicable disease;
- is, or may be, infested with vectors; or
- has, or may have, been in contact with a person
who has or may have a communicable disease,
You have to inform such information to a
Any person who fails to comply with the above duty
or who provides false or misleading information shall
commit an offence.
Request of information
The Law imposes on every person to provide such
information as a quarantine officer may reasonably
require to check if the person:
- Presents any symptom of a communicable
- is infested with vectors;
- has been in contact with any person who has or
may have a communicable disease; or
- has otherwise been exposed to a communicable
Any person who fails to comply with the above duty or who provides false or misleading information shall commit an offence.
Wearing a mask and Socialdistancing
Any person leaving his place of residence must wear a protective mask over his nose and mouth;
If a child aged 5 and above is in his company, he must ensure that the child wears a protective mask over the nose and mouth;
However, when a person travels alone in a private vehicle or where the driver and every other passenger in the private vehicle ordinarily live together in the same place of residence
Every person must at all times on any premises including commercial premises, offices and buildings, keep a distance of at least one metre from any other person, except where the person is in company of child under the age of 12.
Every employer shall ensure that appropriate measures are in place to implement the social and physical distancing rules specified in this regulation.
Any person who breaches the above regulations will commit an offence and shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding 500,000 rupees and to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years.
Any person who :
- refuses to answer or knowingly gives a misleading answer to an inquiry;
- intentionally withholds any information reasonably required of him by a person acting under the authority of the Quarantine Act;
- knowingly furnishes to a person any information which he knows to be false;
- refuses or wilfully omits to do an act which he is required to do by the Quarantine Act;
- refuses to comply with lawful order, instruction or condition made, given or imposed by a person acting under the authority of the Quarantine Act;
- assaults, resists, insults, wilfully obstructs, or intimidates a person acting under the authority of the Act;
- whilst being in a quarantine facility, damages any property therein; or
- otherwise contravenes the Act or any regulations, Order or notice under this Act,
shall commit an offence and shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding 500,000 rupees and to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years.
You will Need
Covid-19 vaccination card certifying that he has been vaccinated with a Covid-19 vaccine; OR
an RT-PCR test result slip certifying a negative result dating back to not more than 7 days from the date of the RTPCR test was undertaken.
A crèche, a day-care centre, a kindergarten, a special education needs institution, a preprimary school, a primary school, a secondary
school, a tertiary institution, a vocational training centre and any other educational or training institution, whether Governmentowned or private-owned.
A hospital, medi-clinic, dispensary, private health institution, area health centre, community health centre, cabinet medical and cabinet dentaire.
This law will not apply to a person who is in possession of a documented medical certificate, duly certified by a panel of 2 Government medical
officers that, by reason of his medical conditions, he cannot be vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine.
Any person who is found in possession of a forged vaccination card or RT-PCR test result slip, shall commit an offence and shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding 500,000 rupees and to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years.
Find a Lawyer
LE CERTIFICAT DE CARACTÈRE ET LA GRÂCE PRÉSIDENTIELLEA Qui est-il Délivré? Suite à votre application, une enquête est menée par la police et un rapport soumis au bureau du Directeur des Poursuites Publiques. Le certificat attestant que vous n’avez jamais fait l’objet...