What is Alimony?
The payment of support from a spouse, who has the ability to pay, to a spouse or child in need of support for a reasonable length of time.
Alimony ordered by the Court may End if there is:
- Cohabitation of the receiving party with another.
- Evidence that the receiving party is not making an effort to become self-sufficient,
Significant events like:
- Death of paying or receiving party
- Maturity of dependent children
Factors influencing the Court:
- The means and resources of the party ordered to pay,
- The needs of the receiving party
The Court will determine the amount payable to the child.
Alimony ordered by the Court will end when:
- The order stipulates so when the children have reached maturity
- And are no longer dependant
Find a Lawyer
LE CERTIFICAT DE CARACTÈRE ET LA GRÂCE PRÉSIDENTIELLEA Qui est-il Délivré? Suite à votre application, une enquête est menée par la police et un rapport soumis au bureau du Directeur des Poursuites Publiques. Le certificat attestant que vous n’avez jamais fait l’objet...